Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Plan

Now that I have committed myself to becoming the crown, I think the first thing I need to do is have some goals. While the overall goal is to look like a beauty queen, I am not really sure how I am going to measure that. That said, I am going to have several mini-goals which are measureable and more motivating. I think that a lot of really small “wins” is more motivating than one big one. I do not want to overwhelm myself nor do I wish to have another melt-down (as was described in my last post) any time soon.

All and all, I have about 50 lbs. that I would like to lose over the course of this “journey.” But I’ll be in decent enough shape to stand on a stage (if I was paid a million dollars) and look good naked after 35 lbs. However, the first goal, is healthy BMI range for my height, which requires losing about 13 pounds. Once I’m no longer considered “overweight,” I think I’ll be fairly happy, inspired to continue, and have developed some healthy habits.

Now to accomplish the goal of losing what I will now call “The First 13,” I will be using a few different tools:

Slim in 6
I will admit that I am addicted to infomercials. I proudly own several Snuggies, the complete Wen Hair Care System and a bunch of unused containers of Sheer Cover under my bathroom sink. So, naturally, when I saw the Slim in 6 infomercial, I was hooked. I originally ordered P90X, but I found that to be one hell of a de-motivating ass-kicking in a box, so I thought that Slim in 6 would be a better way to start this journey. Although I hear it’s quite a time commitment, you get results fast. So, I am starting tomorrow. Seriously.


Photobucket



Healthy Cookbooks
I love, love, LOVE cooking! I haven’t always, but I have recently become kind of a domestic culinary force. While I have a desire to attempt every dish from every single episode of “Everyday Italian,” I am going to have to trade in Giada’s cookbooks for some healthy ones for a while. Since I have no desire to spend the next few months grilling chicken breasts on the George Foreman and eating carrots, I needed some help in finding inspiration for healthy and yummy dishes. So these are what I picked up:


Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket



Yes. In case you’re wondering, I fully intend on sharing how it all tastes.

And there is one other rule that is part of the plan: everything in moderation! This is a journey of healthy living. It’s not a crash diet. Therefore, I don’t intend on depriving myself. Especially since the holidays are around the corner. Rather, I want to focus on making healthier choices that will become habits that last the rest of my life.

Okay, so that’s the scoop. The only thing I haven’t yet figured out is what I will use to reward myself for accomplishing all this. I have a few ideas, but I need non-food suggestions. What works for you?

Let me know!

Photobucket


P.S. I really do want world peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers