Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The First, Er, 16 - Day 2

Yesterday I completed day 2 of Slim in 6… which means I’m 1/18 of the way done! Yay! Actually, the fact that I have 17/18 to go kind of sucks, as Slim in 6 is insanely boring. The good news is it wasn’t nearly as difficult last night as it was the first day. However, the scale has not moved down. I know technically you’re not supposed to weigh yourself every day, but I can’t help it. I should probably talk to someone about that. Still, I should probably pick one day a week to “weigh in” as part of this journey. I think Monday’s will be fine enough for that. As for my clever name of The First 13, it will now be The First 16. I should have weighed myself over the weekend. Not only would I have had a more accurate number, but I may have been more inclined to curb the pumpkin spice latte intake over the weekend.

Anywho, last night I am pleased to report that I made a super meal. For the record, it did – in fact – contain meat. I made turkey burgers with diced green chiles (topped with avocado, low-fat pepper jack cheese, and onions) and sweet potato fries that were AWESOME. These recipes were from Cook Yourself Thin which has redeemed itself at our house.

Not only was my husband very happy about the meat, but he loved the sweet potato fries. This was a shock because when he originally walked into the kitchen, the excitement of meat was overshadowed by the intense hatred for sweet potatoes.

“You know I don’t like sweet potatoes,” he said.

No, I didn’t, but okay…

“They’re yummy and good for you so try it and if you don’t like it I’ll make you some frozen ones,” I said.

Guess who finished off the sweet potato fries and asked for more?

Yes. It was shocking and it made me feel good about myself. I may be a fat ass, but there are few things that bring me more satisfaction than my husband asking to have more of whatever it was that I made.

Win!

Also last night I was able to leaf through my latest issue of Savvy magazine. If you’ve never seen it, I highly suggest picking it up. It’s a fashion magazine that has a pageant twist ant it’s phenomenal. Anyway, there were some great new dress designs from Sherri Hill. And not like any serious pageant contestant would ever buy off the rack (go custom or go home), but some of them really got my pulse racing.

You see exactly what I'm talking about at www.sherrihill.com.

Photobucket


P.S. I really do want world peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers