Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Boo. Yah.

An amazing thing has happened. Since starting this “journey,” I have lost 5 pounds! Wahoo! Now, I know that I still have a long way to go, but this little victory warrants celebration.

Over this past week, I have been a very good girl. I have only had two – that’s right, TWO – nonfat, no whip gingerbread lattes this week. I have also pretty much avoided my holiday coffee creamers, I just have no desire to try them as much as I thought I would. Still, I’m pretty sure everyone else in the office is enjoying them.

I have also been trying to keep my sweet tooth satisfied by making healthier treats. This past weekend I made low-fat vanilla cupcakes and they turned out great! They mostly consist of zucchini and egg whites, along with a little bit of sugar and vanilla of course, but they were surprisingly delightful and very filling. It was probably the highlight of my week.

The low-point of the week came yesterday, when I decided to order off of a “light” menu when the team went out for lunch yesterday. I was stunned at just how small that piece of salmon really was. But it actually was pretty filling, and I enjoyed the rest of my day.

Slim in 6 is going well. I’m still on the first phase – but it’s getting better and my technique is improving. I’m already starting to build up my strength in terms of pushups, which rocks.

Anyway, I’m sorry this blog isn’t extremely exciting, but I just wanted to drop in and share that I’m making progress. It’s a great feeling and I’m more hopeful that I will be a hot and healthy in no time. Or, at least a few months.

Photobucket


P.S. I really do want world peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers