Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Quick Update...

I am very excited to say that this “journey” keeps going well. This is shocking, but I am actually losing a fair amount of weight – and inches! I am now only 9 pounds over weight and 9 pounds away from my first goal. I have also lost about an inch and a half off my hips and another inch and a half off my waist. This is very exciting!My clothes are practically falling off me. Of course, they’re rather large sizes, but I’ll take it.

I have had to give up on Slim in 6 for the time being. While I was getting great results, it was really killing my knees. I mean, lugging all of “this” around all day is enough strain for my joints, but Slim in 6 was painful. I joked on Twitter that it equates to 6 weeks of feeling like you need a hip replacement. That said, I have started spending more time on our family’s elliptical machine. It’s a lot easier on the knees, and I can watch more entertaining things on television than Debbie and her motivational “counting.” I’ll give it another go though in a few days.

In other news, Starbucks has unleashed a new weapon – the caramel brulee latte. I gave it a whirl the other day because I had to – though I did limit myself to a tall. Anywho, it was phenomenal. And very bad for you. Still, I am not addicted to them. It’s fabulous. I think this healthy thinking is starting to really become more of a habit and I’m more focused on my goals so I’m making better choices. I’m quite pleased with the results.

On the pageant front, I’m judging next weekend, and that should bring a whole new level of motivation. There’s nothing like being introduced as a former titleholder, standing up to wave and hearing a collective gasp from the audience. Although, I don’t think things will go like that, I’m still dreading it. And standing next to a thin and in shape contestant – assuming that’s what wins – for photos after crowning will be lots of fun.

Speaking of photos, I’m completely avoiding them at the moment. And actually, for Christmas cards this year, I’m doing an illustration of our family instead. I think that it will be way adorable, and any day where I only have one chin – even as a cartoon – is a good day. Anyway, I am going to use April Showers Blog Design for the cards. I’m also hoping that the first of the year, I can hire her to do something with “this.” This blog is atrocious and I have no idea how to fix it. So I’m hoping she can help. You can check her out at www.aprilshowersblogdesign.com.

Photobucket


P.S. I really do want world peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers