Monday, December 21, 2009

The Horror!

My husband and I are leaving tomorrow to head back east for the holidays. I’m thrilled.

Okay, not really.

For one, and for a lack of a better term, it is going to be FREEZING BALLS. This, in itself, is annoying. However, I was even more annoyed when I realized – during packing – that my fabulous pea coat no longer fits. Of course I came to this conclusion while I was, literally, shoving Christmas fudge into my mouth. Go figure. So now, I am at the point where I have to make a decision in the next few hours as to whether I am going to need to purchase a giant parka.

I am torn.

On one hand, I don’t want to be wandering around Western Pennsylvania with frost-bite. On the other hand, in the southwest we really have no need whatsoever for parkas. So aside from this next week, it would really be a waste of money. Unless hell freezes over, and then it just helps to be prepared. But see, if I DO buy a parka, I really don’t want to buy a plus-sized one. Because hopefully, the next time I have to wear it (if ever), I will be thinner. Then again, parkas are always really huge anyway. I don’t know.

Can you sympathize with my frustration?

Of course not. Because I sound like a whiney little b*atch who can’t put down the treats long enough to fit in a jog. I don’t blame you. It’s easy to lose weight. It really is. The hard part, is the discipline to do it. When I am doing everything right, I get results. And quickly. I am blessed in that respect.

So then why do I sit here, complaining, but refusing to take action? I have no flippin’ clue.

Hopefully over the next few weeks I can figure out just what the heck my problem is, and find my motivation again. I have never been a fan of New Year’s resolutions, but I am thinking that it might encourage me to make some changes.

We’ll see.

In the meantime, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

Photobucket


P.S. I really do want world peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers