Monday, May 31, 2010

It Starts With a Small Step

I haven’t posted in a while because A.) I’m me, and B.) it took a while for the results of Miss USA to sink in. To put it mildly, I was rather surprised by the winner. I was pulling for Oklahoma (who had a beautiful dress, and the tiniest waistline ever), and when Michigan was called I was about to completely write off the USA/Universe pageant. However, after the past few weeks, I have really grown to like our new Miss USA. She’s adorable and fresh and she’s got a real shot at winning Miss Universe. So yay.

However, I am still in disbelief as to what the Miss USA pageant has evolved into. The whole lingerie situation left a bad taste in my mouth. Say what you want about it, but it still involved young women posing in underwear without compensation. Had I done something like that, my parents would have flown to Vegas, pulled me out of the pageant, dragged me home and beat my ass. They would have been mortified. And there are few things that make you feel worse than disappointing your parents.

All that said, I am now really looking forward to Miss TEEN USA. Without a network, they might be even more desperate for media attention and god knows what they will attempt to do to those poor girls. Miss Teen USA has consistently been my favorite pageant to watch, because the contestants aren’t completely bitter yet (bitterness in pageants just get worse as you get older, married contestants are by far the meanest), and they usually have a fun perspective on current events, like, such as. Miss Teen USA I believe is the next big pageant of the year, and we’ll have to see how it all goes. Additionally, Miss Universe is in Vegas this year, so I am sure some other scandal will surface just in time. I can hardly wait!

Well, while Miss TEEN USA still is without a television network, guess who has a new one? MISS AMERICA! The pageant will return to ABC! This is great news that I am really excited about. Hopefully that pageant can make a comeback now. I look forward to it – but only after my state’s pageant next weekend. I love pageant season!

Of course, pageant season makes me feel like a blimp. So it’s time to work harder on the exercise front. So I am going to take a stab at running and I am starting tomorrow. I have mapped out a trail in our neighborhood that is exactly one mile. Although, I will admit it’s one mile from my house to the marker, and another mile back. So I am going to attempt to walk to the marker, and then run home in spurts. Hopefully an ambulance, I mean, Mr. Beauty Queen doesn't have to come pick me up in the process.

But my iPod is charging and my sneakers are calling. Hopefully it goes well!

Photobucket

P.S. I really do want world peace.

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the whole Miss USA lingere thing. (Yea Alabama for winning the photogenic!) Hopefully Trump will not defile Miss Teen USA.

    Good luck on your walk/run! I'm still sidelined by illness, but have been too sick to really eat, so I'm not gaining any weight. ("I'm just one stomach virus away from my goal weight" LOL!)

    Let us know how it goes!
    JOY in AL

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers