Sunday, January 17, 2010

Some Exciting News - And More Miss America Picks!

Since starting this blog, I have come to the following conclusions:

• My original plan to lose weight, was not a plan. Healthy cooking is great and all, and so are workout videos, but this plan did not have any measurable goals, nor did it have enough structure. And, I was still eating a ton.
• I have no one – aside from those of you who are actually reading this – to be accountable to.
• I am not very disciplined, though I’m finally starting to get my act together in order to prepare my body for a pregnancy at some point. Or, Mrs. America.
• My crazy lifestyle makes it impossible to cook every night, and eating on the run is inevitable in many circumstances due to the demands of my job and MBA program.
• I do not keep track of what I put in my mouth.
• I do not exercise as religiously as I should.
• I drink way too much coffee with way too much Coffee-Mate (even if it is low-fat and/or sugar-free) and not nearly enough water.
• And I really, really need to get hot again.

So, after a lot of research, I think I have found the vehicle for weight loss that will fit my lifestyle, meet my needs, and help me accomplish my personal goals. And so, as of last Wednesday, I am officially enrolled in Weight Watchers!

At first I thought this Weight Watchers thing was going to be a major pain in the you-know-what. However, it has actually been pretty useful. I had no idea how bad I was screwing myself on a daily basis with my food choices. No wonder I’m in the position I’m in!

Anyway, I am loving entering what I’m eating every day in the point tracker. It’s so fun! I’m a narcotic list person in the first place, so having a single place to write everything down is helping. And it has really made me think twice about what I put in my mouth. It’s also helping me realize that when I’m hungry, I can eat more of certain foods that are better for me rather than blowing a ton of points on a Krispy Kreme doughnut (we still have them around, and at 9 points each, I have been passing – thank you) only to be starving 15 minutes later. However, I have still been able to eat some of my favorite foods while staying in my point values – and still losing weight! For example, Mr. Beauty Queen loves to make chocolate chip cookies in the evening, and they have about 2 points each. So at the end of the day, if I eat right knowing that I want to enjoy in the cookies, I can have 2 and a glass of skim milk and I am a happy and thinner camper. That’s much more satisfying and filling than the almost 6 points I was spending on my morning coffee alone! Apparently, fat-free creamer and Splenda really add up.

Since starting last week, I am down about 4 pounds, and only 5 away from my first goal (5% of my total body weight). I have also lost 1 inch from my bust, 2 from my waist and 2 from my hips. Given I was completely sick last week, it’s entirely possible that my weight loss can be attributed to that, but I’ll take it where I can get it.

I plan on giving more of an update on this each Wednesday. I also promise to beef up content on here to include more recipes (I am preparing a Weight Watchers recipe this week – Sundried Tomato and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken!!!) and tips. Instead of bitching all the time, I really want this blog to be more inspirational and provide more useful information for everyone than just whining. Though, I think the Open Letter to Taco Bell was completely necessary.

Before I go, here are 5 more of my choices for Miss America 2010 - I can’t believe that it’s right around the corner!

Georgia

Photobucket



She is so adorable. She just looks like someone who could be Miss America. And she has an unusual talent – oboe. Should be interesting.

Mississippi

Photobucket



Just a stunning contestant. I haven’t seen many candid photos of her, nor do I know much about her talent, but she is just soooo photogenic! And she looks like someone who would be fun to hang out with. I wouldn’t be surprised if she makes the cut.

New Mexico

Photobucket



This girl is very down to earth, obviously beautiful and rumored to be very talented. I think she’ll do well.

Washington

Photobucket



There is something about this one. She’s just cute as a button. Again, I don’t know a lot about her, but I have a feeling she’ll be a semi-finalist.

Puerto Rico

Photobucket



There has been a lot of controversy over this one. Some Miss America fans are annoyed that Puerto Rico is even competing in Miss America, but I think the negativity surrounding her is really intimidation. Puerto Rico traditionally is a very strong country in pageantry – particularly in Miss Universe. Even if this girl has zero technical ability in talent, anyone who thinks she won’t be a finalist needs a psychological evaluation. And, quite possibly, a drug test.

Photobucket


P.S. I really do want world peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers