Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Weight Watchers Wednesday!

Today is my first Weight Watchers Wednesday post! Wahoo!!!


Photobucket




I will be joining some awesome bloggers on this Weight Watchers journey: Mojito Maven from Make Mine a Mojito, Blue-Eyed Bride, and LyndsAU from All Things Fluffy, Fashionable and Famous. They started Weight Watchers Wednesdays a while back, and so I am looking forward to their support as well as yours as I start this battle. In the meantime, you should all visit their blogs for great weight loss tips and Weight Watchers recipes.

As I mentioned Sunday, I had lost about 4 pounds since starting Weight Watchers, and so far this week I’m down about another pound. So I’m close to about 5 in all in this past week. This news, is FABULOUS!!!

This plan has been fitting into my lifestyle rather nicely, but it is already helping me think twice about what I eat. I splurged a little last night when Mr. Beauty Queen insisted on going to Carl’s Jr. But you know what, I knew how many points I had left for the day and for the week, and ate accordingly and still feel great. I also weighed less today than I did yesterday, but I know that weight fluctuates, and I really don’t want to be obsessive-compulsive.

Today our team went to lunch at a Mexican restaurant, and I only ate maybe a quarter of what was on my plate. While I do not know what fraction of the daily point budget I blew for sure, I am going to eat like a rabbit the rest of the day. Still, I think this works and I’m already learning to make better choices because if I don’t I’m a very hungry person at the end of the day, and an even hungrier person in the morning. And when I’m a hungry person, I can be a very MEAN person. So for the sake of my co-workers, friends and Mr. Beauty Queen, it’s all about budgeting the points to last all day.

I am also starting to enjoy my food more, and really savor it while it lasts. The portions, naturally, are smaller on this plan, so I am really trying to eat what I love, enjoy it while I’m doing so and being satisfied with what I have. All and all, I am thinking that over the coming months not only is Weight Watchers going to help me shape my body, but it’s probably going to save me a crap load of cash on groceries too if I’m being very purposeful with my meal planning and eating less.

As for exercise, I figured out the situation in the gym. DirecTV has not sent us a new receiver for the TV in there, but I just hooked up a DVD player and enjoy that while I put 30-45 minutes in on the elliptical and lift some weights. It’s a lot less boring than Slim in 6… and I am not nearly fit enough to give Turbo Jam a try again. But I found a few old seasons of “Newlyweds” in a box and have been watching those while I work out. It’s actually been working fairly well. Nothing makes you want to be in shape more than watching a 23 year-old Jessica Simpson. As a side note: nothing makes you want to be more nice to your spouse than watching a 23 year-old Jessica Simpson talk down to her husband all the time. Hindsight is totally 20/20.

As promised, I wanted to share a recipe that I tried this week. I meant to take a picture of it, but Mr. Beauty Queen hopped all over it before I got a chance to. Glad the plan’s working for the both of us.

Sundried Tomato Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Ingredients:
• 2 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, without oil, minced
• 2 oz. soft goat cheese
• 1 tsp chopped thyme
• 1 pound uncooked, boneless, skinless chicken breast (4 4oz pieces)
• Salt and pepper
• 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
• 1 cup dry white wine
• 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
• 1 Tbsp canned tomato paste
• 1 Tbsp chopped parsley

Directions:
• In a small bowl, stir together sun-dried tomatoes, goat cheese and thyme.
• Using a sharp paring knife, cut a horizontal slit through the thickest part of each chicken breast, creating a pocket. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
• Stuff each chicken breast with 1/4 of the cheese mixture. Season with salt and pepper and dust with flour.
• Spray a large nonstick skillet with olive oil cooking spray and warm over high heat. Add chicken and brown well. Remove and set aside.
• Add white wine to pan and boil until almost all evaporated.
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons chicken broth until smooth. Whisk cornstarch mixture, remaining chicken broth and tomato paste into white wine.
• Return chicken breasts to pan. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook over low heat until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Baste occasionally with sauce.
Tomorrow the Miss America contestants start arriving in Las Vegas. That means that tonight I absolutely have to – and will – post my final top 5 choices as well as my bubbles. I promise.

So check back later tonight!


Photobucket


P.S. I really do want world peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers