Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Super Bowl!!!

I am sooo excited! The Super Bowl is almost here! Since the defending Super-Bowl champions, the Pittsburgh Steelers, are officially out of the running for a comeback, you have probably guessed that "Super Bowl" in this context refers to Miss America! Since I have been really sick all week, and haven't been able to get back on the "health bandwagon," I thought it would be a fun distraction to share my favorites for the 2010 four-pointed crown!

See, pageant gals rarely play fantasy football, but we do play "fantasy judge." Normal people root for their home-state's delegate, or the hot ones, but pageant contestants create actual lists prior to the pageant, and generally keep score throughout. It's actually very serious.

So, after reviewing photos and biographies from the Miss America Web site, I have chosen a slate of 15 contestants (and some "bubbles") who I feel will be making the semi-finals in Las Vegas. Of course - since I haven't seen their talent presentations, which is HUGE in Miss America - I may be completely off base. And my list may change after arrival in a few weeks. But nevertheless, here are the first five contestants:

Arkansas

Photobucket



Cute, polished and extremely put together. And she competed for her state title for years. It's clear she'll be prepared, and she's ready to win!

Kentucky

Photobucket



In every photo of this girl, I just want to squeeze her! She is so adorable! She's happy, excited and sincerely enjoying her year of service. She's super photogenic, but I think her attitude will be what secures her spot.

Virginia

Photobucket



Again, just a beautiful contestant! Not to mention she's got a ton of experience and what looks like a strong platform. She says she wants a Masters in Mass Communication, but I predict she gets a contract with a major news network before she gets that far. But I'm sure her interview is killer.

California

Photobucket



A ballet dancer who also wants to be a pediatric heart surgeon. Umm... yeah. She'll be up there.

Pennsylvania

Photobucket



She's just absolutely stunning in every photo I see of her. Hopefully she's got a good talent and interview to boot. But, really, she's so gorgeous, she could probably make balloon animals and still make the cut.

I'll post five more tomorrow. And, when I start to feel better, will discuss more about the status of my New Years resolutions. In the meantime, enjoy the list and discuss!

Photobucket


P.S. I really do want world peace.

1 comment:

  1. Just found out from a girl I grew up with here in Alabama, that Miss Arkansas is her cousin. They are thrilled that she's made it to "the big show" after much hard work.

    ReplyDelete

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers