Thursday, August 26, 2010

Feelin' Good

I really thought I was going to feel like crap today. I thought I'd be super sore, and tired, and schlep around the office today. Not the case.

Sure it's obvious that I worked out yesterday, but I feel great - energized, recharged, calm. It's amazing. I've never really been one to buy into the whole concept that working out makes you happier and gives you energy. No. Not for me at least. Usually when I do aerobics or use the elliptical, I am drained and exhausted when I'm done. This is because I am so type A and going 100 miles an hour, when I do find time to work out, I have to really push myself. And it usually hurts when I do.

But with ballet, it was so different. I was able to really focus and concentrate on something, and actually pay attention to feeling my muscles and my body work. Of course, my mind still raced faster than my legs, feet and arms, but it was a different type of result. And it feels AWESOME today.

On an unrelated note, I would like to point out that my new job is going super well. I am just loving the work environment. And because I work for a healthcare organization, everyone is very particular about what they eat. So, no one really eats out. Rather, people bring their lunches or items to make healthy lunches with, like salads, sandwiches, etc. Sometimes for meetings and birthdays there are brownies and cakes and stuff, but no one overdoes it. And there's always someone to sit down and get to know in the kitchen. It's just been a whole new game and I'm loving it.

I'm just really happy with how things are going, and how this new opportunity has really given me the ability and support to change my lifestyle.

Photobucket

P.S. I really do want world peace.

1 comment:

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers